Many people today use their computers to manage their media files and watch online content. Almost everyone makes a lot of home photos and videos, stream TV channels or any other video platforms, listens to radio channels or favorite music. install Kodi for MacBook or Mac OS X.
If you use Mac, you usually use several apps for each operation. In some cases, you will even have to install the additional software. As a result, it may not be easy to manage all media files.
The much more convenient thing is to use one universal app. Kodi is one of the best solutions for such users. It is one of the best media centers which can help to manage photos, videos, clips, movies, songs, online streams and radio stations in one place.
What can Kodi do?
In general, Kodi can do all the mentioned above instead of several separated apps. Here are some basic features:
- watch videos, clips, movies;
- open photos;
- listen to the music and podcasts;
- stream online content;
- install add-ons to get the additional features; for example, you can get an add-on for YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other platforms to watch them all in one place.
Additionally, Kodi has a good-looking, attractive interface and a great customization. No, let’s see how to install the Kodi for Mac.
Kodi for MacBook – How to install on Mac OS X Operating Systems
In fact, the installation of Kodi does not differ from the other apps. You will just have to get the installation file, install and run the app. Let’s see in more details.
- Open your web browser. You can use any installed browser on your Mac: default Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Whatever you like and prefer. Of course, your Mac will insist on using Safari but it is not mandatory.
- Go to the official website kodi.tv. Here you will be able to get the installation file for your Mac OS. It is only 64-bit, so it will not be available on ancient versions.
- In the right top corner click on the Download page. Then scroll it down, and choose Mac OS in the list. Click on the icon, and choose a folder to save the installation file. It is 78 megabytes, and it will take not more than a minute to download it.
- Go to the downloads folder and find the Kodi file in dmg format. Open it. You will see the Kodi icon. Drag it to the Applications folder to complete the installation. It usually takes several seconds to install the app.
Now, Kodi is installed on your Mac computer. Open Finder, go to the Applications folder and find Kodi app. To run it, just double-click the icon. But here you can get an error message because the app was installed from an unidentified developer.
In this case, open the System Preferences — Security & Privacy Settings. In General, tab, find Allow apps downloaded from and check Anywhere. After that, try to run Kodi again.
Kodi for MacBook is a universal app to organize all your media files and online streams. Get it and you will not have.
Must Read: Download Kodi on Windows 10/7/8.1/8/XP/Vista Devices.